Friday, February 22, 2013

Fat Me Not

Shallow Hal

I have been called fat, slim and sexy all in one day! So what am I really? It just goes to show that different people have different perception of what is fat, payatot and sexy. We live in an era that almost everybody wants to be skinny. When you’re lean you can run faster, move quickly and best of all wear all kinds of dresses and it would still look good and decent on you. A woman on the extra L size doesn’t have the liberty to pick any dress she wants. Take me for example. I have big “bumpers” and I love wearing those spaghetti straps as much as the next thinnest model does. But I have to pick the occasion when I wear them lest I look like kalapating mababa ang lipad.

We actually don’t need to be told what we are because we, ourselves, know it even if we don’t accept it. I know when I am fat. I know when I got trimmer. I’m not going to say slim or slender because I know I’m not. I’m one of those girls with “big bones” as they say. And I think being sexy is how you carry yourself. Sometimes when I’ve gotten myself fat over a holiday I just tell myself that I’m sexy. So I go out, dress and act sexy and it shows. People would give me an admiring comment and say I look good.

I just gave birth a few months ago and I still have this stubborn little tummy bump on me that won’t go away. But there was this one time I wore a medyo tight dress to the office. Yep. Mabuhay ang matatapang! All day I got complimented on how thin and sexy I look. During our afternoon break I went to the restroom but I forgot to take my “stomach-in” and suddenly I’m being told I’m fat. It’s funny how people judge your fatness by the size of your stomach.

Over the years I have learned to take praises and criticisms in stride. Well, I have to because if I didn’t I would surely have a miserable life. Sometimes I would tell myself that is just how movie stars are. Everyone has an opinion on you. Just like pregnancy, be it an advice or pamahiin on how you carry your baby, everybody you meet has something to say. But that’s another topic altogether. What I am saying is you can’t control the people around you. The only thing you can control is yourself. If you are praised, smile and say thanks. If you are criticized, smile and count your blessings!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...