Thursday, February 07, 2013

Sailing to Boracay

My sister-in-law, Tin-tin asked me to help her plan a trip to Boracay for her and her husband JPaul. I enjoy scouring the net for cheap airfares and hotels so of course I obliged. :)  Just a side thought: maybe i should put up a travel agency since I'm always excited to plan a trip or vacation even if it's not for me. Well now back to topic, Tin-tin tells me they are on a budget and will be traveling the soonest. From my experience, traveling on a budget and going ASAP does not really coincide. True enough, airfares on their planned dates were on the ultimate high. Tintin then tells me she heard a friend about a boat that sails from Batangas Port straight to Caticlan. Now that's news! How come I haven't heard about it. Anyway,  I googled it and this is what I got.


                                                                          2Go Travel

From what I gathered 2Go started operating the Batangas-Caticlan-Batangas route early 2011. (Leave a comment if that's not the case :)) The boat leaves Batangas Port at 9pm everyday except Wednesday and arrives in Caticlan at 6am the next day. I think it's perfect since you can start your Bora activities early in the moring. The Caticlan-Batangas route was quite tricky since the boat leaves Caticlan at 8am and the earliest bangka from Boracay is at 5am. But 2Go requires it's passengers to be on the port 4 hours before departure. Daig pa ang international flights.Kaloka. I called the 2Go office in Aklan to tell them my dilemma. They told me I may not follow the 4 hours rule. I just have to be in the port not later than 45 minutes before departure. So ayan one problem down. :)By the way, the Caticlan-Batangas route travels everyday except Tuesdays.

If you're planning to go and is travelling leisurely why not try sailing to Boracay! :) That is, if you don't mind shelling extra pesos for an extra night in Boracay. I know, ang daming extra!

Well then, what are you waiting for. Byahe na! 


post signature



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...