Friday, March 22, 2013

Cream Dory Recipes

When the supermarket offered Cream Dory at half the price I was just so glad I was in the area that I grabbed the nearest fish.. er fishes and stashed them in our grocery cart without even thinking that I had no idea how to cook them. That was what impluse buying is ladies.lol There are only three of us in our house, that's me, J and our househelp. Soooo, J asks, what on earth are you going to do with all those fishes? Why, we eat it of course! 

For a month most of our ulam was cream dory that after the last cut was taken out of the freezer and cooked J said: I am never going to eat fish fillet for a very long time. I can't blame him. Ako din.lol

So, here's what I did to the fishes.

Pan Fried Cream Dory Fillet



This was so easy to make. For the fish breading/coating I used:
  • Cream All Purpose Flour
  • 1 egg
  • Pepper
  • Salt
  • Sugar
  • Oatmeal

Mix everything in a bowl except the egg. I don't have the exact measurements for these. I just poured enough flour for my fish and added a dash of pepper, salt and sugar. I also added oatmeal for that extra healthy crunch. Whisk the egg in a separate bowl.

Heat the pan then place enough oil (cooking, vegetable, olive etc. whatever oil you use for frying) to thoroughly coat the pan. Dip fish fillet in egg then place it in the flour mixture and coat it. I used spoon and fork to move the fillet from the egg to the flour mixture so I won't be washing my hands everytime. Shake off excess flour and pan fry. Cook fillets until brown then flip them over until brown, same as the first side. Repeat process for the remaining fillets.

For the sauce I used:
From left: Salt, Pepper, 1/4 cup Evaporated Milk, Mayonnaise

Mix the mayonnaise and milk in a bowl. Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle chopped onion leaves. Enjoy!


Chinese-Style Steamed Cream Dory with Light Soy Sauce



I followed this recipe from janiscooking.


Cream Dory with Butter and Lemon Sauce

As you can see I didn't just sprinkle dried basil leaves, binuhusan ko sya!

Galit sa basil leaves.

To prepare the fish just follow the breading/coating above for the Pan Fried Cream Dory Fillet.

For the sauce I used:

  • Pineapple Tidbits
  • 2 Lemons
  • 2 cubes of butter
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • 1/2 cup Sugar
Heat the pan. When hot turn the fire to medium heat and pour the pineapple tidbits including its sauce. Add the butter and squeeze the lemon juce over it. Stir for a minute. Add the suger and a dash of salt and pepper.  Pour over the fillet and sprinkle dried basil. Serve hot. Enjoy!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...