Friday, March 29, 2013

DIY Framed Picture Collage

My own Instapicframe :)

I have searched high and low for the perfect frame to showcase Marley's pictures kaya lang I haven't found "the one". I was getting tired of looking around so I took matters into my own hands and improvised a large frame.

From left: Styrofoam, old skirt, hot glue, garden wire, and sticky hooks

I used materials found lying around the house.
  • Styrofoam. This came with the aircon we bought.
  • Old Skirt
  • Hot Glue
  • Garden Wire
  • Sewing Pins
  • Sticky Wall Hooks
  • Scissors

What I did:

1) Line up the pictures so you can see how many would fit. I had a hard time picking which pictures. Marley had so many cutesy ones I want to add them all.

2) Measure and cut the fabric according to the styro's size.











 3) Cover the entire styro with it.












Accident waiting to happen. At first I tacked the edges at the back but then the thumbtacks kept popping out. Most of the time J walks barefoot around the house and didn't want to risk tacks accidentally falling onto the floors without us seeing it so I removed the thumbtacks. Mind you, that was after I was finish tacking all the edges. Tsk.











4) Hot glue it instead of using thumbtacks. I didn't had glue gun so I used candle to melt the glue.











5) This was how my canvass looked after.
6) Hot glue the pictures.











7) Attach the garden wire at the back with a sewing pin and hot glue it.











After all the trouble I realized I didn't have to do this since the styro had wide edges and I could have just mounted it on the wall hooks directly. Tssss.















Oh well.. moving on. Here it is on our wall:


O deeeva. I love et! Marley loves it too! 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...